Tuesday 3 September 2013

Carrying on with a ' Perfect Smile'

There were many moments here when I smiled to myself  and felt great, just when i thought it couldn't get better my Dentist Dr Suzanna held a mirror up to show me my final restorations. 10 days later here we were finally. Numerous visits, giving up coloured food, living on a liquid diet, reaching new pain threshold ,it had all paid off!

I couldn't help but hug her. Her hard work and patience has resulted in me having perfectly aligned teeth with a smile that even I felt I had to admire. I couldn't thank her enough and left the surgery feeling on top of the world.


As I walked back to the hotel i started reflecting on how amazing these last two weeks had been. This process started off as cosmetic but felt symbolic of the change I was making. Several months ago drained from everyday life I was struggling to smile and lacked energy. This change allowed me to smile with confidence and put my best foot forward. Hopefully this will have a ripple effect on things to follow.




This city has given me a lot of food for thought.......... from its culture to its amazing people. Most importantly it has given me my smile back and a positive attitude to 'Carry On' with confidence!




No comments:

Post a Comment