Saturday 31 August 2013

Why Budapest ??

Three weeks later after couple of more consultations, x-rays and wax models, I was on my way to Budapest.......





                  
Why Budapest ??? so many of my friends and colleagues asked. Several years ago I passed it on my way to Belgrade. It seems destiny had brought me back to explore my fascination of a city separated, yet joined by its two banks. Buda and Pest.

As I queued for my Wizzair flight, excitement and anxiety hit me at the same time. What was I going to do in a city I knew not a soul for two weeks ??? Not mention I didn't speak a single word of Hungarian.

Luckily Amy (lovely practice manager) from Vital  Europe was on the same flight and went out of her way to ensure I got to my apartment safely and promised to check on me at some point. ' you'll have a great time ' she kept reassuring me. 

True to her words the next few days was a cultural adventure.......

My First Day


My day began with sitting in a quaint coffee shop across from the apartment dreading my initial appointment which they warned  me would be my toughest.

.


However I couldn't help soak in the calm and serene of this place which was once was a military factory for clothes but now housed office blocks. The day was bright and I was full of excitement. I managed to order myself breakfast in English, while the lady served me in Hungarian, Success so far!! : )

.....The next few hours was bit of a mixed bag. I sat close to 4 hours in the dental chair as Dr Suzanna measured me for my crowns and gave me temporary restores. Several anaesthetics later I was happily drooling and could have been in Siberia for all I cared.

I must say that my pain was managed very well by my caring Dr and her nurse,at no point I felt the need to panic and run into the streets of Buda, hailing a fast cab to the airport.

Thoroughly pleased with the initial work i waved everyone bye til my next appointment and moved on to my  hotel on the Pest side. I hoped this changed would serve as a good distraction from my dental therapy and give me a chance to explore the city.







No comments:

Post a Comment